Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Resignation

After 4 years of toiling and slaving in my job, I have finally handed in my letter of resignation. It was more of a relief, a lifting of responsibility as my manager accepted the letter, without trying to keep me in the company, as he knew that I had wanted to resign long ago.

I'd thought my mood would be that of a happy and gleeful one, but as I handed in the letter, it was more of a nolstagic feeling. Of having cut my teeth into the dynamic and fast paced IT world. And now leaving my training ground behind. Of relief, of having to make the change. Of not supporting difficult clients anymore. Tired and battle worn from the daily grinding IT tasks. They did want to counter offer me, but I guess when it's time to change a job, it is not only the pay, but the change of environment. 4 years has been the longest time that I stayed in the same place. It's time to move on.