Friday, March 25, 2005

Busy Busy Busy Bee...

It has been a hectic and busy week. Right after my resignation letters, there were a flurry of projects and support calls, and more incompetent/dumb/stupid people to face and support. This time, it's another IT Indian foreign talent with a Singaporean Chinese that pissed me off. Typical stingy mentality of asking for help, without wanting to pay. Sighs.

On the third day after I threw in my letter of resignation, company offered to up my salary between 70% to 100%. Which is quite a lot. But to me, it was a slap in the face. What it basically meant to me was; Hey, I know I have been underpaying you for the last 4 years, and I know you are getting a fresh grad pay, but stay with me and I will pay you your market rate. Part of me was tempted to stay, but I was tired, and I gave myself a deadline to pursue an MBA by next year. Judging by the amount of responsibilities I hold; had I stayed on, I will never be able to even complete my application form and take the GMAT.

On a brighter note, though, a good friend dropped by my class last Saturday. He was back in Singapore after a 9 month pilot training stint in convict land Australia. It was meant to be a surprise, but Mr. Million Theory man accidentally let the pussy cat out of the bag.

Million Theory man: Hey, later on in your salsa class, you will have a surprise.
Me: What surprise? You mean there will be some cheo bu attending my class?
Million Theory man: No, but it will be a surprise. And after class, no matter what, you must keep it free.
Me: Hmm....Ixxx is back already?
Million Theory man: How'd you know? Wah, ur fast man. You just spoilt your own surprise.

So after class, it was beers, dinner, beers, chill out at SouthBridge, beers, and catching up. And lame jokes about pilots, cockpits, stewardesses, and mile high clubs. And of course the meaning of an Australian kiss. For the uninitiated, it is a French Kiss, but only Down Under. It was a good night of old friends meeting up, a perfect night to cap off an otherwise stressful week.

3 Comments:

Blogger stoned.nerd said...

It is said that after handing in your resignation, never ever retract it.

For if they know of your existing discontentment, they will turn to you when they need to put some heads on the chopping block in the future.

That said, 100% is tempting.

1:35 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Why do you want to do an MBA?

9:39 PM  
Blogger urbanmalebitch said...

Little Miss Drinkalot: Cause it is the gateway to changing my line of job from an IT whore to a pimp ...er I mean an investment banker. Or to a conman. Oops. I mean a management consultant.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home