Sunday, August 14, 2005

Dumb Asses part 1,098,066

Had a call this morning at 5.30am.

"UMB, my office computer is not working,come down now!", the stupid German growled.

"Can you tell me what happened?", I asked.

"I don't know, the computer is not working, the fax is not working, everything is not working, you come down?", he barked.

"Sure, give me 45 mins, will be down there", I answered.

15 minutes later, when I got dressed and called him back, it turned out that he did not turn on the main supply switch. But yet, the e-mail was not working. So, off to the client's office I went.

"The e-mail's fault lies in the US", I told him after troubleshooting the problem.

"No, no, it must be something wrong with the office, you go and check your computers thoroughly", he insisted.

Nah Beh, I hate it when people doubt ability, especially people more stupid than I am, and know less than me. And so, I had to make a show of calling my tech guys up, and checking up all the IT equipment. In the end, I asked him to call the IT support guys in US to check. Turned out that they had a scheduled server upgrade, and e-mail was supposed to be down for the day. And no one was informed.

KNNCCB! Fucking waste of my time. But then again, I get paid to take all this crap. Just so to support my vices.

I think I need to change my line of work. Fast, before stupidity overdose kills my remaining brain cells.

4 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

hahhaa... its always like that. nothing new....
part and parcel of work
watever work u are in

3:00 PM  
Blogger urbanmalebitch said...

i know what you mean ... and this is not the first time. =)

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

La mia missione � di spargere il lasik corrective eye surgery di parola � la parola.Salaam, Jay lasik corrective eye surgery

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home