Sunday, July 17, 2005

BloggersCON 2005

The day before the Blogger's con, I had a conversation with Cowboy,

Cowboy Caleb: tmrw going hor
Urban Male Bitch: yes, just to organise spot the cowboy competition
Cowboy Caleb: heh you'll never spot me
Urban Male Bitch: why so shy?
Cowboy Caleb: batman what, you haven't watch yet issit?
Urban Male Bitch: no
Cowboy Caleb: fucking A. go watch
Urban Male Bitch: Yeah, ur a batman, forever in a rubber suit
Cowboy Caleb: hehhe
Cowboy Caleb: tomorrow hor
Cowboy Caleb: if you want to spot me
Cowboy Caleb: try to imagine that women can be cowboys too


And so the challenge has been set, to go Spot the Cowboy.

Arrived late on that day because of LHE training. 3 hours of constant aerials, flipping and carrying dance partners does wonders to deplete your energy level. I was zombified. But the BloggersCON was a blast. To meet the face behind the online personas.

And so it was, on Saturday, the Hunt For Cowboy Caleb began, during the talk on law and blogging. Armed with a description of Cowboy (Round face, floppy fringe and thick eyebrowns) the barflies buzzed up and down the first and second floor, to the last rumoured spot of Cowboy.

I spotted (with confirmation from some other barflies) him, and went up to say Hi. Now, it's bloggers honours not to reveal an anonymous blogger, but the barflies honour is even bigger, to go get the rest of the barflies to traumatize spot da Robert Govindasamy Cowboy. SassyJan even had a photo with da Cowboy. I really felt like a National Geographic photographer, going into Africa to hunt the elusived shy wildlife.

Oh ya, nice try in denying that ur Caleb, especially the thisismygame.blogspot.com URL.

I swear it must be the working legs that gave the game away.



Working Legs



At the BloggersCON, I have finally got to meet the faces behind the blogs. And it was not a CON. After all, the cheo bus look very much as cheo in person as in their blog. And the funny and loud bloggers are just as funny and loud in person.

There were few exceptions:

Mr. Miyagi is short. But short is cute (At least that is what the girls said)
Big fuck is short. But short is funny. Especially his irc comments when the lawyer was talking.

The party really started with the Post Event.

We had free flow of whiskeys, me being one of the contributing factors to running DXO dry of whiskey. I counted at least 10 glasses of whiskey on the rocks being guzzled down.

I met SPG, and she was petite. Kinda reminded me of a secondary school girl. I felt paedophaelic talking to her. We had an interesting brief discussion on religion. Must be the whiskey that caused it.

After which, the barflies then proceeded to Attica to club. All I can say is, the barflies really know how to party.