Sunday, June 19, 2005

Paya Lebar Airbase Runway Cycling event

As part of operation reduce flab,I went with ex-co-lindy-instructor-turned-friend and Y to the National Runway Cycling and Skate event at Paya Lebar Airbase.

The event started off with a slight gloomy weather. After a few minutes of skating, there was a slight rainpour. Even the weather are against me losing weight.



Well...at least I caught the rainbow after the rain.




The route was 15km long, half of my normal weekly skating session in East Coast. Easily in under an hour. The organisers roped in Bowen Secondary Marching Band for a short performance, which reminded me of my secondary school days. I must be getting old reminiscing times like these.




I was busy snapping candid photos away of my two skating kakis, when Y asked "Hey, can you send me the photos that you took?"

"Sure," I replied.

"Please do not post our photos up on the blog,"ex-co-lindy-instructor-turned-friend pleaded.

"Why?," I asked.

"Because your blog is quite tiko. I don't mind if Y posts the pictures on her blog," she replied without thinking.

Well done ... so now I have a reputation of having a tiko blog. Maybe I should point her in the direction of sggirls.com. But then again, maybe not.

I'm flabbergasted.

6 Comments:

Blogger Razlan said...

Ooo... the band pics look nice! Can send to me? I am an oldie from the marching band scene too :)
razlanmanjaji @ g mail

6:22 PM  
Blogger urbanmalebitch said...

Sure, have already mailed you the pictures. =)

7:11 AM  
Blogger SpaceCake said...

I went blading there too and I had to run out of film when I saw the rainbow. Shucks...

I was really tempted to blade past those soldiers guarding those little lanes just for the hell of it...

1:43 PM  
Blogger urbanmalebitch said...

spacecake: that is the beauty of a digital camera; you can always delete some unwanted photos to make more space for a better photo

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home