Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A mangy drunken dog and a glutton me.

After queing for 45 mins on the Singapore checkpoint to get to JB, the boozing started at 430 pm when we reached our grandmother's place. Nothing has changed much.

Out of boredom...I fed the mangy little white dog at grandma's house some beer and wine...after which he staggered round the garden looking for more...before..sleeping soundly in a corner.




His efforts to sleep, however was futile as Angela (my little cousin) was busy playing with fireworks, which frightened the poor dog. I don't know which is worse, feeling sleepy from alcohol and being deprived of sleep, or being scared stiff.

Reunion dinner was a quiet affair of 7 delicious bowls charcoal boiled pig's stomach soup, pig's trotter with vinegar, 'lo hei', stewed pork knuckles, fried calamari and veggies. As usual, I stuffed myself silly with my aunt's pig stomach soup. *BURP!* There were other dishes as well...which I can't be bothered to remember ...feeling drowsy from the alcohol that I just had.

Oh, and by the way, today I found out how I was related to some uncles and cousins that I meet once a year. They came later in the night...all the way from Singapore and KL. They were my grandaunt's sons, daughters and grandaunts =). Now to remember the face of that pretty grown up 18-year-old cousin of mine =). It would be terribly embarassing 'chee honging' a girl only to find out that she's somehow related. Especially while doing it in a drunken stupor.

That's it for now..until I figure out how to add photos to this blog.
Happy Cock Chinese New Year!

Poison of the night: 1 bottle of african wine, 1bottle of chilean wine, 1 bottle of french wine and 4 cans of carlsberg beer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home